Impactana is a marketing technology to help you find content that makes an impact and measure marketing success by looking at the full picture.
The Impactana technology is based on 2 metric sets:
1. Buzz - Impactana’s aggregate of social media signals, divided into shares and likes. These metrics are taken from platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Xing and LinkedIn. Think of Buzz as a way of estimating the short-term, immediate success of a piece of content on social networks.
2. Impact is all about measuring long-term user engagement. This aggregate brings together powerful metrics such as:
- Comments – real people are engaging with the content - a lot more meaningful than "a like".
- Clicks – click-through from various channels measure traffic – that’s what matter.
- Views – views matter a lot on YouTube. We estimate views for every content URL – after all, we do market to generate traffic, not some simple like that is generated in a fraction of a second. Also on video platforms like YouTube or Vimeo a video can reach millions of people while it only has a handful of tweets.
- Downloads – e.g. on Slideshare this is an additional metric of engagement. Someone who downloads a slide deck after viewing it is more engaged. So the content made more impact on him.
- Links – in the old days content marketing was called, “link baiting.” Whenever some content attracts links, then the marketer did something very right. In fact, many masterpieces of content earned links without a lot of social buzz. When we measure links, we take the full link graph into account, not just some more popular ones (like other social media analytics tools do). Because links matter.
The Impactana technology works in your search engine
You can use the Impactana Buzz and Impact metrics to sort the search engine results in your favorite search engines (Google, Bing or Yandex).
We integrate Impactana's metrics in the free Link Research SEO Toolbar.
We integrate all the Impactana technology and unique metrics in LinkResearchToools
Since 2016, we integrated the Impactana technology in LinkResearchTools (LRT). You get the powerful Buzz and Impact metrics for every link in your LinkResearchTllos reports.
There are many tools out there which can measure social signals, but Impactana implemented different metrics that measure user engagement. This helps our team to find good content and relevant influencers.”
CEO at Mediabase